When I feel anxious or pessimistic, I often turn to food for comfort. Food is great like that, isn't it? Sometimes, all you need when you're feeling under the weather is a bowl of broth that is brimful of vegetables while (on the - ahem! - completely other end of the healthy spectrum) a serving of this decadent treat can make you believe that all is indeed well with the world.
|Chocolate, cheesecake and raspberry brownies - an edible way of putting the world to rights!|
225g unsalted butter
100g chocolate (I use 75g of 70% chocolate and 25g good milk chocolate)
75g cocoa powder
450g caster sugar
A pinch of salt
100g self raising flour
225g cream cheese
100g caster sugar
3 tablespoons of flour
- Line a brownie tin with parchment paper and set the oven to 180 C/350F.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and cocoa powder in a pan over a medium heat, stirring well to combine.
- Beat the sugar and the eggs along with a pinch of salt until light and airy.
- Add the chocolate mixture and beat to combine.
- Fold in the flour.
- Make the cheesecake by mixing all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour 3/4 of the brownie mixture into your brownie tin.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over that.
- Add the remaining brownie mixture.
- Using a skewer, swirl both mixtures together to create a pretty marbled effect.
- Scatter the raspberries on top, pressing them down into the mixture a little so that they don't dry out too much or burn while cooking.
- Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes. The mixture should look something like this and an inserted skewer should come out wet but not sticky.