Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sharon has fallen off the edge of the world.

I haven't forgotten you, the lovely readers of this blog. It's just that I've fallen off the edge of the world opened a café and it's taken over my life. All I seem to do these days is get woken by the sound of my alarm clock, haul my tired body out of bed and into the café where I bake and cook all day long and then come home, collapse from exhaustion and wake up to do it all over again the next day...

But I can see that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Things are getting easier. I'm beginning to build a good team of people around me and most importantly of all, I'm learning how to delegate. You would not believe how hard it is for a girl like me to learn to trust other people to do things properly, even apparently simple things like making a good cup of coffee. But I am learning and I will get there (that's what I keep telling myself anyhow).
As soon as I do, I'll start posting here regularly again. It won't be long, I promise.

In the meantime, here are some quickly shot snaps of Béile le Chéile (there's still a lot more to be done though so when I next update, you should notice lots of changes)

This is the building from the outside, with my sign pointing to where I am:

I've got an outside patio area which is perfect for when it's sunny (ok, so not all that often in Dingle!)

And here are two shots of the interior:

I've have lots more pictures and stories for you next time - which hopefully won't be too long off. I have to get up at 6am tomorrow morning and I'm bound to be very busy over the bank holiday weekend but I hope to find some time over the next few days to tell you about everything I've been up to. Slán go fóill!


  1. We've been there. It's awesome! Even nicer than the pictures show. Can't wait to see what the improvements bring.

  2. Aw, Bill. Such a nice thing to say. And you were there on a day of hiccoughs - today was one such day too!

  3. It looks great Sharon. Congratulations, wishing you huge success x

  4. Thanks for the kind words, Nicola. They really make a huge difference.

  5. As usual I'm the last one to notice, but huge congratulations on finally opening your café! I'm sure you will manage all those tasks of a restaurant owner just wonderfully and will be able to climb back onto the edge of the world soon - and smile!


Blogger Widget